Friday, January 24, 2020

Twas the night before Train Show....

Here we are on the eve of the annual Amherst Model Railroad Show. Every year around this time this group sets up one of if not the largest model train shows in New England. Located at the Eastern States Exposition, or "The Big E" as its nicknamed, this show fulls 4 giant exposition halls crammed pack with Model train Vendors , manufacturers, layouts, trains and much more. These weekend event is pack every year and somehow keeps growing every year. 

They provide a list of vendors as well as a map showing all of there location on their website. Normally I print them both out and take different color highlighters to mark which stalls I want to visit and even try to categorize them.  Here is a picture of this years map and my work.

My 11 x 17 Printed Map

The 2020 8 page list of Vendors


This year Blue indicates a Manufacturers booth, Green a Railroad Historical Society, Orange a layout, yellow a tourist railroad, and pink a store or vendor that I have visited in the past that had great deals. As you can see there is a lot to see in only a day.

This year I'm not looking for any model in-particular, but rather information and connections.  There is another project that I have been working on with some other members of the FVRR to find the history of the VRR rolling stock and engines. I will go into more details about that a little later but I saw this show to be a wonderful opportunity to reach out the other organizations or get contact information/leads to were i might be bale to find specific information.

But just because I'm focusing on that doesn't me I wont keep my eye out for things. The HO scale Valley Railroad and WDWRR projects can always use a few more parts here or there. Thats one of the fun parts about this show; you never know what you might find....  Ill be sure to take lots of pictures and report back here if I find anything. Till then; see ya real soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment