Friday, January 31, 2020

2020 Amherst Railroad Hobby Show Report


While it might not have been my first visit to what i lovingly call the Big "E" train show, But this is the first time I am documenting some of the things that I saw and of course the few Items I returned with.

First things first and like I mentioned in me post the night before the show. My goal this year wasn't to find a particular Engine or Car but rather information and leads. This year in celebration of the Valley Railroads 50th anniversary in a few years I started t history project about the Valley; In particular the Valley's Engines and Rolling stock.  There  are over 20 passenger  cars and a handful of freight equipment all along the valley line. All in various levels of restoration or, for lack of a better term, rust.  I started finding information about one the passenger cars we use as a bunk car for one of the members and it kind of snowballed into every-car and engine we have small or large. Anyways the final product isn't 100% yet and its mainly in the planning/research stages and i'm sure I will post more about this as the hunt continues.

When I was looking through the list of vendors at the Big "E" show this year I noticed there were a decent amount of historical societies there. I planned on visiting each just to introduce myself and my project and hoping to get a contact number or email I can follow up with details. I actually had a great success in this and have already started to reach to a few organizations so lets keep those fingers crossed we can find some information.

As for the rest of the show it was its normal fun and excitement.  This year I noticed that it was so packed that it was hard to push past some of the crowds. This show seams to get bigger and bigger each year. So let get to the point here is a slideshow of photos from the event!!

First  up is the Bachmann Trains booth:
Bachmann's Model of Disney Imagineer/Animators, Personal Grizzly Flats Railroad.
I would love this model but its not in the budget right now.

Multi- Level Layouts showing most of the scale Bachmann produce.

This is their Display of Bachmann's Thomas and Friends Line.
This holds a special part in my heart for these model but I personally
am not a fan of this layout. To me it looks a bit too Cheep and nasty for my liking.
It doesn't match/nor does it remind me of any scene from the TV show or Books.

Hon3 Model of Rusty the little Diesel engine.
My younger brother really wanted me to get this model.

Showing the different face molds for the Diesel Model.
I have the one on the right and would like the one on the right.
(hopefully one with both buffers)

Here is the full wall of T&F Product.
Believe it or not I don't have all of these yet. :-) 
Here are some more Highlights from the day:

MTH's booth that was too crowded to get near.

Examples of T-Track modular club

More of the T-Track. This might be fun to build one day.

I was very surprised to see Hattons at the Show.

This was their first over seas train show and with
a very impressive range of models.

And layout.  I cant deny have a soft spot for British Trains.

Northlandz ( under new management) had a large display and
might need to be visited one of these days.

This was a O gauge layout for sale.
I didn't ask for a price this was way to big for my house.

Live Steamers clubs shows off some of their very impressive rolling stock

And Engines... This has been a show favorite. Every year there is
another section built and on display.

Here are some of their engines!!

And Finally a small layout from the CogRailway. with a working rack track!!



And Finally here is my Show haul:


A Book on Maine's OOB Trolleys ( a Family Vacation Spot), a Ertl T&F Trevor the traction engine for my brother, 2 New HO Scale T&F Rolling stock to add to the collection, a Micro Mark HO scale truck turner ( more on that in the future!!)  and Finally Bachman's HOn3 Rusty and Blue passenger coach.  Whats not shown is a special box used for holding HO scale engines and cars. I got it to hold the VRR Trains I am building.  

Overall a great day and I cant wait until next year. But until then See ya real Soon!!







No comments:

Post a Comment